I start sharing our weekend gateaway on facebook at Boyan Heights yesterday at 3:45pm and suprisingly friends/family non-stop it! Haha..
- (Up to now at 2:45PM, almost 450 share. Add/Follow me on Facebook: Hafizul Hakim)
- A lot of inquiry asking how to go here, how much the rent, what are the activity offered by the host.
So I decided to write up a simple article on Boyan Heights to all of you who interested to spend your holiday/weekend at Boyan Heights. Enjoy your reading!
Nestled in the rainforest along the upper reaches of the Sarawak River next to a Bidayuh Dayak village, Boyan Heights offers a secluded relaxing natural setting, with spectacular views of the rainforest and mountains. Located 31km from the Kuching Centre and conveniently close to many of the major tourism attractions of the region such as Semenggoh Wildlife Sanctuary, Longhouses, Kayaking and Trekking. Your hosts can assist you to organize transport and guides to visit these attractions.
Boyan Heights is modern home architecturally designed to incorporate traditional Sarawakian and longhouse designs. It has been built in the rainforest making the most of the natural environment, the house incorporate many open spaces, natural air flow and light, so even indoors you feel you are in the forest. Each room has been designed with its own unquie outlook into the forest. The large deck and 12m infinity pool over looking the forest and mountains provide a great relaxing area to cool off and enjoy the views and abundant bird life.
Each room has its own private bathroom and toilet. Guests will have access to their private room, the common TV/sitting room, Kitchen & Dinning room and main living areas including the verandah, BBQ and pool areas.
Interaction with guests
Your hosts will be available to provide any assistance to you during your stay. We can assist you in organizing your activities, transport, recommend place to go, places to eat etc.
Other things to note
Boyan Heights is a private residence, and the hosts live in the residence. The Rooms that are rented out are fully private with their own bathroom and toilet as well as verandah. However, the common areas such as TV room, pool and Kitchen/Dining Room are shared with the hosts and other guests.
As such not all facilities in the house are available for guest use. With the exception of tea and coffee making, Cooking and kitchen facilities are Not available for use by the guests unless by prior permission and arrangement by the hosts.
Add-on Activity (need to re-confirm earlier with hosts):
- Jungle Trekking (1 hour journey): RM100++/person
Don’t forget to bring your own trekking shoes (quite slippery if you use ordinary shoes or slipper).
2. Kayak (2-3 hour journey): RM100++/person
- NO WALK IN, MUST DO BOOKING FIRST (refer bottom part of article, how to book)
- No smoking
- Not suitable for pets
- Check in time is 3PM – 8PM
- Check out by 11AM
- Up to 2 Children under the age of 12 can be included in booking at no additional charge.
- No shoes in the house
- No pets
- No smoking in the house or rooms or decks. You can smoke outside.
- The accommodation fee includes breakfast and tea/ coffee facilities. Other meals such as lunch and dinner as well as other beverages are available to guests at additional cost.
- Allowances for additional people in the rooms can be made by prior arrangement with the hosts, especially for accompanying children.
How to do Booking?
- Please use this link to do your booking: Booking Boyan Heights
Please also be sincere on how many person coming in your group as this is a private house (jangan ler book untuk DUA orang tapi yang datang 10 orang), to ensure other group and everybody else coming comfortable staying here.
So, good-luck and enjoy yourself! Thank you
Hafizul Hakim Bin Mohamad Kerta
FB: Hafizul Hakim